- Handle member inquiries by internet portal/phone
- Assist members in understanding plan coverages specific to transgender care, and direct to other Comcast resources as needed
- Provide general information on gender affirming medical and surgical interventions, and facilitate referrals for psychosocial and other support as needed to people seeking gender transition
- Assist the member in identifying other needs and facilitating referrals accordingly
- Continuously maintain a current national referral database of clinics and providers offering a range of gender affirming services and procedures
- Assist both members and their providers in obtaining and assembling the appropriate and necessary documents for accessing various procedures and care
- Direct members to existing online patient education materials as appropriate
- Provide periodic re-assessments of the needs and status of members on surgical wait lists
- Make contact with members during the postoperative phase to assess for any additional needed services or information
To initiate your consultation, click here.
Sam Ferguson, LCSW: Care NavigatorLearn more about Maddie Deutsch, MD, MPH: Director
Endocrine Society Guidelines (2017)
Changing your identity documents (Transgender Law Center)
Nothing accessed through this program constitutes professional medical advice. UCSF disclaims any representation or warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy or completeness of the information received through this program. In no event shall UCSF be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from or arising out of or in connection with the use of this program. The information provided through this program is of a general nature and cannot substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have received through the program.